来源：中公皇冠比分app | 更新时间：2019-11-22 15:36:24
41. Most environmental problems exist because adequate measures for preventing them___taken in the past.
A. was not B. were not
C. were not being D. being not
42. During the summer vacation, Mary worked on a (an)____ basis as a salesman, taking 8 percent of everything she sells.
A. salary B. income
C. commission D. pension
43. She listened carefully____she might discover exactly what he wanted.
A. so as that B. in case
C. providing D. in order that
44. Michelle found it difficult to get his British jokes ____to Australian audiences.
A. across B. deal
C. over D. down
45. The news item about the traffic accident is followed by a detailed report made ____.
A. on the spot B. on the location
C. on the ground D. on the site
46. The government____ to approve the use of wide-spead surveillance when the Justice Department took objections.
A. is going B. had been
C. was about D. is coming
47. It is reported that fewer and fewer of today’s workers expect to spend their working lives in the same field, ____the same company.
A. much worse B. less likely
C. all else D. let alone
48. Mr. and Mrs. Smith are so excited today, for they bought____ yesterday.
A. many furnitures
B. so much furniture
C. many piece of furniture
D. a lot of furniture
49. Despite their good service provided, most inns are less expensive than hotels of____standards.
A. equivalent B. likely
C. alike D. uniform
50. Because there was little heat in the bed room, Evan was cold ____.
A. much through the night
B. most of the night
C. many parts of the nightD. the majority part of the night
51. You must have the experience that you find your voice ____on the telephone.
A. distorted B. irregular
C. twisted D. deformed
52. President Jimmy gave a brief ____of the history of the university before the opening of the conference.
A. comment B. reference
C. account D. statement
53. “Do you like those kinds of cigarette?”
“____cigarette agrees with me.”
A. Hardly no B. Nearly no
C. Barely no D. Almost none
54. When they had finished reading, the children were told to ____all the picture books they had taken out.
A. put up B. put off
C. put away D. put out
55. The harder the shrub is to grow, ____.
A. the higher price it is
B. the higher price it would have
C. the higher the price is
D. the higher is the price
56. Peter’s father asked him to spend his time on something____ researching into instead of playing all the time.
A. worthy B. valuable
C. worth D. precious
57. It is often more difficult____than to get financial support for scientific research.
A. obtaining trained men B. to find trained men
C. in getting men trained D. recruiting experienced men
58. The new government’s tax raise policy actually led to the result that the incomes from taxation actually ____.
A. shrink B. delay
C. disperse D. sink
59. “The critics thought the acting was generally poor.”
“I didn’t find ____.”
A. it B. it so
C. it to be too D. it was too
60. The behavior of an animal depends mainly on ____, whereas human behavior is mostly a product of learning.
A. instinct B. impulse
C. consciousness D. response
61. The patients believe that Dr. Smith knows exactly how to put them ____. A. right B. correct
C. well D. straight
62. “Do you regret paying fifty dollars for the dog?”
“ No, I would gladly pay ____for him.”
A. as much twice B. twice so much
C. much twice D. twice as much
63. We were suddenly ____when I was speaking to John on the phone.
A. hung B. cut down
C. cut off D. hung back
64. “Did Anny’s parents leave her any money?”
“No, she has to support ____now.”
A. by herself B. herself
C. all alone D. on her own
65. The meeting was so prolonged and exhausting that____the speakers stopped for refreshments.
A. at large B. at ease
C. at intervals D. at random
中公皇冠比分app名师指导： 择校择专业 跨专业报考 1V1专业解答